Samstag, 1. Mai 2010

Lundby Göteborg/Gothenburg, 1970 - Part 1.

Do you remember Greta & Konrad Lundgren, the owners of "Furniture & Antiques"? They moved into a Lundby Gothenburg I gave myself as a christmas present last year.

I bought the empty house just with two lamps & a mirror in it. It took a while until I got all the furniture I wanted, because i looked for those who would emphasize the nordic style of the blue floor and the light wallpaper. Fortunately Greta & Konrad run the shop :)...

Here you can see them enjoying the evening after work in their cozy livingroom.

They are talking about their new neighbours who bought the Gothenburg in their street, next to the Lundby´s house. Greta wonders if they will need some furniture and if they will come to the shop...

Konrad is a real music fan, he likes to play the piano and loves his new/old gramophone he bought yesterday from a costumer. So he listens kindly to Greta, but is also thinking about the gramophone and if he has some records for it...

To be continued...

I dated this house exactly to 1970, because of the wooden banister, the light wallpaper they used at the end 60s and the door to the entrance & bathroom. The earlier houses had no door - just a passage without a door and they changed it in 1970.

Credits: All furniture are Lundby, the most accessoires like lamps and the plant & telephone, too. The painting with the ship is the one I bought at "Tukadu", the little bird on the shelf is Wendt & Kühn and I have it since I am a little child. The gramophone is a fleamarket find, but it could be Lundby, they made some like these in the 80s. The cute felt pillows were a gift from carola from carolas-dollshouses.com. The bottle of sparkling wine is Hennig and maybe the glasses, too?!

And if you wonder why I´m still here writing posts... I decided not to be operated and to try some alternative therapies. I hope it´ll work!

I´m wishing you a wonderful "first of may weekend", yours Nicola

7 Kommentare:

Pan hat gesagt…

Hi Nicola. I hope the alternative treatment works and you can avoid an op.

Great house. The armchairs are lovely as are the red wall lights.

Pan x

Rebecca hat gesagt…

It's lovely! Nice to see the Lundgrens at home. The red and white furniture in the dining room and music area looks really good against the floor and walls. I love that hallway piece too (I don't know what you call it, with mirror, hooks, bench - but very useful!) - and the little penguins are so sweet :-)

Best wishes for the therapy for your shoulder - I do hope it helps! xx

diePuppenstubensammlerin hat gesagt…

...ja, ich habe mich wirklich gewundert und hoffe, es geht wirklich ohne OP.
Das Haus wirkt schön hell und zurückhaltend, genau wie ich mir vorstelle, dass es damals verkauft wurde. Die weißen Empire-Möbel waren neben der strengen Form große Mode - aber sie sind nicht mein Geschmack.
Endlich habe ich auch mal bewusst gesehen, wie man die Garderobe einsetzen kann, ich finde nie ein Plätzchen im Lundby-Haus für dieses tolle Stück und könnte jetzt mal neu überlegen...

Amy's Miniatures And Smalls hat gesagt…

Hi Nicola. Good to see this post. You can not try alternate therapies after surjery so I think you've made a wise choice. You can always have the surjery later if nothing works. I just love this old house. Love, love, love it.

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@Pandora - Thanks for the nice comment and your good wishes!

@Rebecca - The hallway piece (i guess we call it Garderoben Trennwand?!) came with the 1972/73 Gothenburg of the Lundbys but I wanted it for an older house, because I saw it in earlier catalouges. I´ll show a closer look to the penguins later when I´ll present the diningroom. And yes, I´m very confident about the therapy.

@pustubsa - Ich habe mich mit der Entscheidung ziemlich herumgeschlagen, aber nach der 1. Behandlung bin ich sehr zuversichtlich. Die Garderobe so zu stellen ist wohl so vorgesehen gewesen, ich habe es in einem ältern Haus ohne Badezimmertür so gesehen - aber ich bin immer gerne behilflich ;D Die Rokkoko Möbel sind auch nicht wirklich mein Ding, aber Greta mag sie wirklich gerne :)

@Amy - You are soooo right I thought the same! And I love, love, love it, too - thank you!!

*Nicola

Florine hat gesagt…

How delightful you have decorated your new house! I love the red living room set...and I don't think I've ever seen the bookcase with the cabriole legs! A lovely home...am looking forward to more stories on the Lundgrens!

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@Florine - Thank you I´m really happy with this house, too :) and I loved to decorate it in this "empire style". I wondered at the bookcase with the cabriole legs like you and surched for pictures and information, because I wasn´t sure if it was Lundby. I found it somewhere in another Lundby house... but unfortunately can´t remember where - maybe at one of the shopping sherpa´s houses??

*Nicola