Sonntag, 21. März 2010

Mrs Lundby´s Birthday

A big surprise at Lundby´s Livingroom! Today it was Mrs Lundby´s birthday and look what Mr Lundby bought for her - a new sofa, armchairs & a matching table. That was her heart´s desire since years, because they used all the time the old furniture Mr Lundby had in his bachelor flat, before they married.


All children painted cute pictures for her and here you can see the family sing "Happy Birthday". Even baby tried to sing! Mr Lundby also gave a lovely fish sculpture to her. It´s made from murano glass like the little bird on the shelf.

Later on Mrs Lundby´s in-laws came to celebrate. They had a wonderful afternoon with coffee, cake and sparkling wine... Baby was happy too because grandma & grandpa came with Kerstin, the little cousin, and she played the whole afternoon with baby!

I tried to make some pictures with the new installed lights, but i´m not so happy with the result... Maybe i should better take the picture with the lights of :(

*Nicola

PS: Christine and Hans-Herman were busy the whole week, so they had no time for the little shopping tour at "Furniture & Antiques". But Mr Lundby brought the black lether furniture there to buy the new furniture and i guess Hans-Herman will like a livingroom with a black lether sofa & armchairs...

15 Kommentare:

My Realitty hat gesagt…

What a happy home! Beautiful scene.I especially love the art the little children made their Mama. Happy Birthday Mrs. Lundby.
CM

Pubdoll hat gesagt…

What a thoughtful gift! (Even though the previous sofa and chairs were closer to my taste)
Love the drawings the children made for mummy and the wineglasses in the cupboard.
I often think it's difficult to take good pictures with the doll's house lights on, I must have enough additional light to make it work.

Rebecca hat gesagt…

Gorgeous! Love the fish (and bird), and cookies, paintings - and the colourful flowery lounge suite! I like flowery fabric for curtains and lounge chairs myself :-)
I like all the coloured glasses in the cupboard too - I have a few, but not so many! And the toys are great - love how the playpen is decorated too!

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@MC - Mrs Lundby says thank you and me too :)

@Helene - I know you liked the black ones more ;D but it wasn´t Mrs Lundbys taste and we will see it soon at H-H´s apartment... I have to give it some more trys with the light, maybe it´ll work better with more additionnal lights, thanks for the tip!

@Rebecca - Thank you so very much! I like it if someone takes such a close look for all the details!! The glasses were an eb** find, I had two of them from my mum´s doll´s house and wanted some more to fill the cupboard and for the Lundbys to have the chance to invite some more guests ;D

*Nicola

Florine hat gesagt…

Nicola, you have such well-behaved little children. Happy Birthday to their mommy! Your house looks GREAT and makes me realize I need to work on mine a little more!

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@Florine - Thank you!! Yes, sometimes they are well-behaved ;D I would love to see some pictures of your house!!! But i can understand if you will wait until it´s perfect. I still work on my 2. Gothenburg i gave myself as a christmas present and some little details are still missed...

*Nicola

diePuppenstubensammlerin hat gesagt…

...das sieht ja toll aus, ein Haus mit Beleuchtung, da trau ich mich nicht ran...

Pan hat gesagt…

The house looks so homely and what a generous husband Mrs Lundby has.

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@Pustubsa - Trau dich :) ist nicht schwer! Helfe auch gerne, wenn du Tipps brauchst.

@Pandora - Thank you! They are happy to have each other :)

*Nicola

Amy's Miniatures And Smalls hat gesagt…

Yeah on the new furniture! It looks brand new. I have a sofa in the same fabric and it is all beat up. Love the glasses or vases in the glass cabinet too. I so much enjoy all your scenes. I hope the love birds are out shopping together.

Florine hat gesagt…

Ah, Nicola, so far I've only given myself dollhouses for my birthday...can we give them to ourselves for Christmas also!!!! THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT IDEA!!

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@Florine - YES WE CAN ;D

Hugs, Nicola

pueppilottchens-spielzeug-blog hat gesagt…

@Amy - Thank you so much ! Here I was a "Glückspilz" too, because the livingroom furniture came with the gothenburg and nearly all furniture that was in the house was in a great condition :)

Hum, and I really don´t know what "the love birds" are doing... phone is ringing day by day, but they are both to busy to make a date.

*Nicola

Amy's Miniatures And Smalls hat gesagt…

Hi Nicola. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, I am having some fun. I learned a secret and the Lady Hogarin doll can sit down but I don't think she likes it. Rubberbands!!!

Bucky hat gesagt…

Hi! Yep, I´m finally back in the miniature world as well! Your Lundby looks so great and very cozy! Looking at your pictures gave me great inspiration. :)

I´ll try to trenslate my bloggins still, when I have time.. I´m studying and working at the same time so the time for hobbies is very limited at the moment.

Take care! :)